To accompany, guide and support God’s people within the Catholic Diocese of Orlando from this earthly life to everlasting life.
The Church who, as Mother, has borne the Christian sacramentally in her womb during his earthly pilgrimage, accompanies him at his journey’s end, in order to surrender him “into the Father’s hands” (CCC 1683).
- We offer to the Father, in Christ, the child of His grace, and we commit to the earth, in hope, the seed of the body that will rise in glory.
- We praise God with our respect for life through our purposeful actions of dignity and respect of the living and at the time of death.
- We remember the sacredness of this body in death through his or her burial.
- Within the womb of God’s love, we comfort those who mourn.
- Our ministry of prayer continues through eternal life.